So one of my New Year’s resolutions was to include an experimental piece in every firing. So far, so good, The kiln has been busy preparing my work for Top Drawer this week and I have been busy trying to keep up with the making of a sudden influx of commissions which came in just before and after Christmas
but I found time to have a bit of a play as well – after all, the kiln was keeping me warm, it was cold outside and no-one would come with me whilst I was battling a nasty cold so it made sense.
I hate throwing waste clay away so I decided to clump some bits together and see if I could get some exciting contrasts within a piece. I think I managed that alright. That little line of red is what really does it for me.
And I think it sets off the more fragile porcelain rather well – time for a spot of R&D I feel, but not until I have found my way to the other side of the events next week at Olympia. I am quite pleased with what the kiln handed back to me so let’s hope it goes well.